Why should I become a member?
The Cairn Terrier Club of Canada welcomes new members who are passionate about Cairn Terriers.
Membership will introduce you to a community dedicated to the goals of promoting and preserving the breed and educating the public. An active and vibrant club is important to the survival of the breed.
- Newsletters – published quarterly and archived in the members section of the website
- Yearbook – published annually in full colour and highlighting the achievements of members’ Cairn Terriers
- Eligibility to apply for Versatility Awards for dogs that meet the required achievements
- Eligibility for listing on the breeder information page
- Responsibility to participate in club activities as you are able
Membership will also:
- Keep you informed about club activities
- Give you access to the members section of the website which includes a variety of additional resources on health, training, grooming and breeding
- Give you access to members only events such as fun days and seminars
- Help you get to know other members and share in our enjoyment of our chosen breed
How do I become a member?
New members begin as associate members. Associate members may apply by completing the membership form and paying the membership fee. All members must sign the Code of Ethics found in the Governance section and include a copy with their membership application. Associate members require sponsorship by one regular member.
After two years, an associate member can apply for full (regular) membership. Sponsorship by two regular members (not from the same household) is required. Regular members hold voting rights and may hold office in the club. Individual and Joint memberships are available.
If you have questions about becoming a member or wish to submit a membership request, contact our membership coordinator at:
What are the membership fees?
Regular Member: $35
Joint Membership: $45
Life member: $0
Fees are the same for Associate and Voting members.